The Guide of 2015+ Ford Mustang Ecoboost Intercooler Installation
Today we’re going to be installing the 2015 plus Mustang EcoBoost intercooler. First, we’ll look over the intercooler and show you what comes in the package and then we’ll move forward with the installation. When you open the box you’ll see a few items for stainless steel t-bolt clamps, two aluminum joiners and two silicone 45-degree elbows.
Steps to install:
- Removing the black plastic cover above the bumper by removing the plastic clip to lift the cover up.
- Remove the bolts of the bumper with an impact gun, then move on to the fender wells to remove three plastic clips per side.
- Move beneath the car to remove all the fasteners holding the under panel to the bottom of the car
- Removing the front bumper, loosened the bumper reach behind and disconnect three electrical connectors per side, and pull the bumper off
- Removing the AGS system by removing two horn facing bolts on the crash bar and two plastic push pins atop
- Removing the steel bar at the front of the car, disconnect the sensor on the driver and passenger side of the intercooler then pull the factory air cooler out.
- Loose the hood latch assembly to remove the factory intercooler sensor and place a new air cooler
- Connect the shark’s pipes by installing the joiners onto the elbows prior to putting them on the intercooler, slide them into the factory charge pipes and connect them to the intercooler
- Place the front bumper back on the car, replace all fasteners and the top plastic panel.